FILM FESTIVAL SUBMISSION
• Production | Edit | Underwater
• Winner of Best Cinematography, documentary category, at the San Diego Film Awards 2014.
• Official Selection at the 2014 Beneath the Waves Film Festival, a unique worldwide film festival and marine issue communication platform.
• Bronze Award Winner at the 2014 Beneath the Sea® Imaging Competition and Film Festival 2014.
• Official Selection at the San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition, one of the most prestigious underwater film festivals worldwide.
Filmed during a weeklong trip to the cenotes in Tulum, Mexico, diving seven different cenotes, from deep pit cenotes with clouds of hydrogen sulphide, to spectacular cave formations, haloclines and beautiful root structures with aquatic life. This film is about Xibalba, which translates as “place of fear” to the Maya, who believed that the cenotes were gateways to Xibalba, the underworld.
Special thanks to Xibalba Dive Center and Panna Fontanna for excellent guidance.